I usually shy away from conversations on politics. As a small business owner, taking a political stand can be scary. (Let's face it, sharing your political affiliations is a great way to get UN-friended on Facebook.) I don't want anyone to NOT want to work with me because of my political affiliation. And the truth is, I don't consider myself part of any political party and I do not vote in every election. Yet, there are some scary things on the horizon that will majorly effect everyone, the economy and the housing economy (heard of the Fiscal Cliff yet? we better get some good people in there to sort this mess out!). And I am very passionate about my clients and their homes and keeping them informed (that is my job, after all).
So, Being that's it's close to Halloween (and Early Voting is happening now), I thought I would do something that scares me and share with you a list of candidates in which I plan to vote for. I'm not going to blog and take a stand on the issues or get in a heated debate on foreign affairs. This is just a list of candidates that my board, the Austin Board of Realtors, has interviewed and endorsed. Candidates that will vote to protect private property rights and create policy that will help the housing economy and industry. Which, when it comes to protecting your homestead, I think this is a topic in which most everyone can stand together...some would say, United. (ok, prepare yourself, it's about to get cheesier)...God Bless America. Go Vote! Ok, blog and overly proud Americanism done now. Back to work.
And if this blog inspired you to vote, here are some links to help you:
Laura Ivy Blessing blogs about the Austin and Cedar Park known and lesser known happenings with a splash of real estate savvy for today's buyers and sellers. Please call her today to consult and advise you through your next real estate transaction.
I will make a $1 donation per person to the Austin Affiliate of Komen G Austin for the Cure at the end of the year when you Like/Follow/Subscribe below!
Please Like: Facebook.com/KWBlessing
you know of a home or property for these buyers?
I am currently showing properties to the following buyers:
1. Core Central Austin updated cottage, up to $600K.
2. Ive got a couple looking for a 3/2 on 1-5 acres in a subdivision where they can build a 2400 SF workroom/storage building in cedar park/leander/liberty hill, must be able to park RV in neighborhood. $250 - $325K (Will also buy land to build)
3. Also have a gentleman looking for commercial warehouse building to buy or rent. Has not given me a price range. Wants to use it for storage and to run a cabinet business out of it. No retail frontage necessary. Will buy land to put the building on also. Looking in cedar park/leander/liberty hill area.
4. I have a buyer looking for 10 acres to store his cranes on. Anywhere north or south of Austin. Does not need road frontage
5. Buyer looking for well maintained 3/2 home in North/Northwest Austin, $150K price range.
6. Investor looking for a home Crestview area $200-$250K range. Willing to update.
7. Investor looking a home NW Austin $150K range.
If you know anyone who wants to sell a home that meets the needs of one of my buyers, please call me!
photo credit: <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/djames1313/2980329628/">D.James | Darren J. Ryan</a> via <a href="http://photopin.com">photopin</a> <a href="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/2.0/">cc</a>